Chip or Scratch SS AW4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by James Godfrey, Oct 20, 2018.

1. James Godfrey macrumors 6502

After only a week of wear I have noticed a shiny mark or chip on the lip of the SS right by the screen, not sure if it was there out of the box or not, but I am presuming so as I have only wore it under a sleeve so far and haven’t knocked it on anything at all...

It’s very hard too see in the pics, do u think I should go back to Apple with it or is this normal, has any of you had this happen, I know I’m being a bit anal but this Watch is very expensive to be doing this so early on.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Closingracer macrumors 68040

My unprofessional opinion is that it’s a chip. To my eyes at least

3. James Godfrey thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it definitely looks like a chip in the metal, really gutted to be honest as this Watch costs a fortune... and it keeps catching my eye every time I’m looking at the screen

4. Closingracer macrumors 68040

Tbh I’ve gotten to the point where I just live with it. I would just get it exchnaged

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Huh?

6. Closingracer macrumors 68040

Idc about blemishes and then the second sentence was just get it exchanged. I mean that’s why we have periods don’t we ?

7. mcdj, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018

mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Your post says you have learned to live with scratches, and then, you would just return it. The first person pronoun in both sentences represents YOU, thus creating conflict and confusion. The period is irrelevant to the conflict. Just because you know how to use a period doesn’t mean you know how to write comprehensibly. Not everyone speaks millennial “TBH”. SMH.

8. aloecool macrumors 6502

Looks like a chip to me too and I don't think it's normal. See if you can return/exchange

9. Ghost31 macrumors 68020

Ghost31

Down boy. They were right. Your sentence looked really contradictory. I don’t think they pointed it out in a super critical way. Just “huh. Ok then. The way that was said was kinda off”. Not a big deal

10. Closingracer macrumors 68040

Millennial is a type of language ? Didn’t know that. Sorry if you can’t comprehend it . i don’t really care. I’m also too tired to care as well to make sure my post on a Internet forum at 11:00 pm is up to snuff to be in the New York Times*.

* I see plenty of spelling errors and grammar on the New York Times articles and elsewhere.

11. James Godfrey thread starter macrumors 6502

Just wondering if anyone could advise, I purchased the item online through Very, I contacted Apple in regards to this, and also told them that the screen is misaligned slightly which has me worried about water resistance etc, they told me to contact Very and to return it to them.

Very have told me to return the item but if no issue is found then it would be returned back to me, I am just concerned that without seeing someone in person that they won’t put it down to a manufacturing defect and just fob me off... should I send it into very or go to an Apple shop (neatest one has no available appointments at the moment).

(The screen issue is something I was going to live with as I noticed a few people had the same issue on here but it’s not completely flush with the battery casing at the bottom of the screen see pics)

Attached Files:

12. dstew201 macrumors 6502

dstew201

I Love it!:p