Chip/scratch on aluminium casing

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tornado99, Jan 7, 2014.

1. tornado99 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Unfortunately I managed to get a small chip on the casing of my MBA near the edge. I was thinking of buying some aluminium epoxy putty, followed by silver touch up paint.

Is this the best way of repairing it? Has anyone got any brand recommendations?

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Past's posts suggest there is little u can do.

U may try what u suggest but I'd be careful the result maybe worse than doing nothing. U need to texture-match and color-match, which in real life, very difficult.

I suggest a small, tasteful decal.

3. solsearchin macrumors member

Or a case, think of it this way, it's just a computer, it's meant to be used and abused. Enjoy it!

4. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

Honestly - dont bother, and don't obsess about it.

5. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Heh, I remember when my macbook got its first chips (on the back, it feel off my mattress onto the bed frame below). Heart felt pained for a while, but I quickly got over it. As was mentioned, it's just a laptop, and won't affect its usability one bit. :)

6. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

Sorry that happened but just like a new car, the first scratch shall set you free

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Absolutely the truth.

I have always had used cars, but this 2011 the car makers were not selling any so they had this 0-0-0 deal I could not pass up. Guess what, AM STRESSED OUT! I worry where I park, I get this recurring dream that somebody steals my brand new coche, is literally a nightmare I tell ya!