Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt.ThroatPunch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2015
Want to know if you have the Samsung or TSMC A9? Simple. Download BMSSM, touch the SYSTEM tab and look under DEVICE for MODEL.

If there is an "M" in there, you have the TSMC A9. If not, it is the Samsung.

For example, my 6S with the TSMC is N71mAP. If it were a Samsung, it would say N71AP. The same applies for the 6S+. N66mAP is TSMC, N66AP is Samsung.

Does this matter to most people? Probably not, but we have the right to know. Personally, I don't ever fall below 30% battery in a day, and if I did, I have portable chargers as well as a cord in my vehicle.

Last edited:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Thanks for this. I was curious and am happy to say I lucked out.

The first phone had dramatically worse battery life so I'm just going to tell myself that I made the right choice in switching to space gray (even though I know the difference between the two chips is negligible).

People should just avoid reading this post for using that stupid -gate in the title.

I agree with this sentiment. Please change the title.

Sgt.ThroatPunch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2015
People should just avoid reading this post for using that stupid -gate in the title.
You are correct, it is fairly stupid. However, it is the tradition of the iPhone to identify some ridiculously minor "issue", obsess over it and finally title it. I am a stickler for tradition. Everything is functioning as intended.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
You are correct, it is fairly stupid. However, it is the tradition of the iPhone to identify some ridiculously minor detail and obsess over it. Everything is functioning as intended.

I think it's more a tradition of these forums. The only real "gate" I can remember reading about in general pop news was "antenna gate".

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Bend-gate was definitely a thing! Lol. Heck, it made the 6 o'clock news with reporters visiting Apple's test facility.
So was Scuffgate with the 5. The biggest reason there is no more black with the iPhone, only Space Gray.

Lots of people on here in late 2012 with their stories of going through 9 or 10 brand new in box iPhones at the Apple store all with various problems.

Reactions: th3r3ds0x
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.