Chipotle Manager Kills Cat, Chaos Ensues

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MarximusMG, Dec 14, 2010.

1. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Anyone aware of this story yet? Apparently some manager of a Chipotle branch ran over a cat, and then posted jokingly about it on Facebook. She also posted on Facebook about the stupidity of the customers at Chipotle.

Anyway, someone finds this online, and posts it to Chipotle's FB page. Within 24 hours, the entire situation explodes. Chipotle stumbles over itself posting numerous status updates, only bringing more attention to an issue that wouldn't have really been a big deal had they not said anything.

Needless to say, the entire thing is hilarious. There's even a fan page for the entire incident, with screenshots of the manager's original posts.

What's great is that there's now a fan page for this hilarious incident, and it's exploding!

"Chipotle Hates Cats"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chipotle-Hates-Cats-Jocelyn-Rivas-Done-Goofed/131568376902991?v=wall

Just thought someone could use a laugh this morning! :D

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That manager is an idiot. Posting disparaging remarks about your customers on FaceBook is just incredibly stupid. I hope Chipotle fires her.

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Seems it may be a hoax, perpetrated by parties unknown?

Presumably that respect does not extend to the animals they grind up for their big burritos. :D

4. yourwiseguy macrumors regular

yourwiseguy

I call BS. I read what she said in her status and how she commented. She has Facebook hooked up to her Android phone and I doubt she just ignored the notifications of people commenting and saying what they did. If someone were logged in as her at another location then she simply could have replied on her phone saying "Hey, that wasn't me, someone is hacking my account." If it were someone who picked up her phone and started writing that, well then that is really sick and messed up. Regardless, she never denied it until it got big.

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

6. dime21 macrumors 6502

No such thing as bad publicity. Plus, animals are tasty. In fact, I think I'll have a Chipotle burrito for lunch today.

7. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Don't forget your Chipotle-Away.

8. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

There are a lot of lessons to be learned here. It's a new world out there.

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Yes, believe nothing that you read, and only half of what you see. :D

10. MarximusMG thread starter macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

I just couldn't believe how quickly the entire thing escalated!