Chipped aluminum around bezel?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by betterhalf, Mar 30, 2011.

1. betterhalf macrumors newbie

I have about 3 small chips where the glass/bezel meets the aluminum. Not that notceable unless you have ocd. Anyone else have some out of the box? This is my second replacement (for other problems) and everything seems good, not sure if I want to take it back again.

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

3. Muscleflex macrumors 6502

yeah i agree - PICS!
    and you managed to get the first one replaced so quick?

4. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

I have one chip in the corner out of the box. There was a thread on this previously.

5. betterhalf thread starter macrumors newbie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second is more of an abrasion than a chip. Third is rather obscure so it was hard to take a decent photo with my phone. What should I do?

6. Mdifilm macrumors regular

Take it back if it bothers you. If not keep it.

7. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

Susie that you? I would know those fingerprints anywhere... ;)

8. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

I have 2-3 "imperfections" on the bezel of my iPad 2. Considering I don't have any dead pixels and my backlight bleeding is relatively minor, mine's a keeper. It seems like with the first run of the new iPads you're might have to settle for minor imperfections until the supply situation improves -- and only then will it improve if you're willing to play the exchange game.

Honestly I'm so happy with my iPad otherwise little stuff like this just doesn't bug me. It's made by humans, so perfection is impossible.

9. Ryanctf macrumors newbie

when i got mine i opened it up. took it out of the plastic, then the screen was perfect, no bleeding or yellow screen from the glue drying. i flipped it over to the back and there was a small blemish next to the apple logo. so i take my cloth and use my alcohol spray and it doesnt come off. so the next day i try again and still nothing. but i took my finger on my tongue then rubbed the blemish and it went away. i was thrilled.

10. shootingrubber macrumors 6502

I had a similar issue with the bezel and a tiny bit of backlight bleeding. I didn't care about the bleeding as it was very minor, but the bezel really bothered me. The guy at Apple agreed that there was something wrong with the bezel along with the display. Apple swapped it out on the spot in 15 minutes and I was on my way with a brand new iPad that has a perfect bezel btw. Still a tiny amount of backlight bleeding, but I only notice it in a room with all the lights off with full brightness.

11. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I have a chip in my bezel too out of the box, but it is barely noticeable at all unless you're looking for it. It is down the left side where your hand would be holding the device in portrait mode. The sight doesn't bother me nearly as much as feeling it occasionally. Not enough to warrant a swap or too much complaining in my case.

12. betterhalf thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess what I'm worried about is doing an exchange for something relatively minor and then finding something wrong with the another replacement like back light bleeding.