Chipped iPhone 6, replacement Qs.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH3D4RKKN1GH7, Sep 24, 2014.

1. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

Hey ladies and gents! I'm curious to know if you guys had any experience in getting replacement units for deep scratches or chips on your iPhones. I dropped my 6 and it skidded on the concrete chipping the corners at the top and bottom left of the device.

There's plenty of info on screen cracks and such, but not on chips. Any experience?

Thanks in advanced. I was actually going to buy a case tomorrow. Some luck haha.

2. techedude macrumors regular

I dropped my 6 and it skidded on the concrete chipping the corners at the top and bottom left of the device. Did you just really ask about a replacement? You were clearly at fault and Apple will not replace it unless you cough up $300+. I would get a case to cover it up at this point.

3. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

Uh no one is looking for a hand out here. I was wondering if people knew how much it cost for a replacement for something like this. Screen replacement cost is $109 so I was wondering if this would be more or less. They don't really have a section on their site about incidents like this.

4. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Get a case! It is the perfect insurance policy for your investment!