Chipped MBP after repair

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BarryChuckle, Oct 7, 2011.

1. BarryChuckle, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

BarryChuckle macrumors member

I had my macbook repaired a few weeks back due to a hinge problem, I got it back the day after and noticed a few chips when I got back home. I rang them up and they had no spaces in store for a few days (I live a very far away from my apple store) I have now made an appointment for tomorrow and I am very nervous on what to say (It's been two weeks since I had my repair)

I am very angry at the service that they have provided me considering the cost of the laptop. The problem I went in for wasn't even fixed either. The case was just re-aligned I think.

What do I say without sounding to rude?

Thanks guys

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Tell them exactly what you said here. You were not happy with the repair, the computer is now in worse cosmetic shape compared to when you took it in.

3. Daffodil macrumors 6502

Daffodil

Just be calm and tell them factually what the problem is and ask them what they can do about it. Be firm if they're difficult - hopefully you got the name of the person/people you talked to who told you to wait?

Good luck :)

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Not sure where you go for service but Apple Store shows YOU the device for examination when you pick it up. What you described cannot happen at most Apple Stores.

5. BarryChuckle thread starter macrumors member

I got it fixed today the staff where very helpful. For some reason the guy knew my macbook :S (Stickers maybe) anyway they replaced the screen for me because of the chip! Awesome customer support apple!