Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SheldonCooper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
I have a small crack on my white Macbook and its been there for awhile and 2 hours ago I finally decided to get it fixed, since I have Apple Care until September. I bought this MacBook in the U.S. but recently moved to Singapore so there isn't any Genius Bar around here, which mean't i had to go to my local EpiCenter and see what they can do. A few hours before I went, I read a forum that said it too a guy 24 minutes to get the cracked palm rest fixed at a Genius Bar. Anyways when I show my Mac to the guy working at the iConcierge services, he says that it'll take them 4-5 days to fix it. :( The reason i couldn't do that is because I go to a school called International School Singapore and it's an all MacBook school, which means i'll need it everyday for school work. So now i'm stuck with a chipped palm rest. Any suggestions?:confused: or should I just take it easy? :)

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
Hairline cracks near the palmrest/lower keyboard area is a known design flaw, and Apple should fix any for free as a result. I would try and get it fixed as soon as you can, because it could get worse :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.