chipped the corner off my macbook pro (classic) gasket ...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dave12345, Sep 21, 2009.

  1. dave12345 macrumors regular

    Oct 19, 2008
    Hey Guys - I somehow chipped the corner off my macbook pro (classic) gasket (the plastic bit that joins the top and bottom parts of the case) has anyone else done this and had it repaired ? applecare says there will be a fee to replace it but couldn't give me a quote over the phone - has anyone had experience replacing it themselves - or know where i could get one ?

    thanks for any help ...
  2. maflynn Moderator


    Staff Member

    May 3, 2009
    MacBookPro classic???

    I didn't know they had a classic model.

    anyways, I'd google it. There are plenty of companies that sell parts for MBPs
  3. dave12345 thread starter macrumors regular

    Oct 19, 2008
    ok - non unibody - i have googled it but thought i would see what experiences people have had getting a replacement ...
  4. kellen macrumors 68020


    Aug 11, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    If I am understanding you right, its the gray part that goes around the edge? If so its attached to the top case, just get a new one.
  5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem


    Feb 19, 2005
    Experiences from people who damaged their own property and tried to get a replacement? Yeah google that. ;) Buy a new top case, that's all you need.

Share This Page