Chirp (twitter) app crashing

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Rangers94, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Rangers94 macrumors 6502

Rangers94

I downloaded Chirp and synced my twitter account with it. I paid the premium to allow for reply’s, etc.

It’s great when it’s works but it is now crashing 50% of the time. I’m trying to contact developer to see what’s going on. Does anyone use Chirp for twitter? Are you experiencing the same crashing? I have a Series 4 Apple Watch btw.

2. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

No crashing outside of refreshing the timeline - that will cause a crash - the developer is aware of it and working on it.

3. Rangers94 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rangers94

Thank you!

4. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

Sure thing! Yup just scroll down to the end of the timeline and refreshing works there, just pull to refresh crashes it now. Not a huge deal for me since the initial app load will do a fresh load.

5. Rangers94 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rangers94

Yea not a big deal at all. I didn’t realize that scrolling up to refresh was causing the crashes. I’m sure it will get sorted out. It’s a great twitter app for Apple Watch.

I find myself reaching for my phone less and less with the Series 4 Apple Watch. Everything is so much more pleasurable with the bigger & brighter display. Not to mention apps open instantaneously.

6. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

Agree completely - I’ve even taken to turning Bluetooth off my iPhone to ensure a faster watch experience by forcing it on WiFi/LTE.

Chirp is amazing! I just really wish it would sync timeline position with Tweetbot on iOS - know that is a near impossible ask. Fantastic app though!

Another pro tip I have is to iMessage yourself URLs you want handy on your watch - my most recent link I have easy access to is DuckDuckGo - having a search engine readily available like that is pretty awesome. Very usable on the watch.

7. Rangers94 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rangers94

Thank you for these tips. Didn’t realize Apple added support for WebKit in WatchOS 5. It really is amazing what this Watch can do now.

8. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

Yea it is kinda remarkable - webkit rendering also works opening links from the built in Mail client - I was very surprised that I was able to complete Audible’s quick survey on the watch - clicking checkboxes, scribbling responses. I love that webkit is not just view, but allows for text entry too! At first I thought it was just for reader view in Safari, but for the right kinds of pages it works great. I personally can see a future where it is just the watch and the iPad and couples/families will only really need 1 phone to use as the camera.