Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnno87

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2015
So, what if I want to change my iPhone with my Apple Watch paired?
If I unpair my Watch it will be backupped on the iPhone.
If I make a iCloud backup of my iPhone. Will it also backup the Watch data?
So when I restore the backup on my new iPhone, and pair the Watch. All data and settings will be restored on the watch?

lancashirehotpot

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2015
I unpaired and paired my watch this weekend just gone and it asked to restore from a backup or start new. I imagine it will be the same if you changed iPhone

Johnno87

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2015
the new iphone will not have the backup... if it will be transported via icloud backup it will be possible

lancashirehotpot

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2015
Yeah it said iCloud backup so i'd assume it would get the Watch data from there. Should be straightforward

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Yeah it said iCloud backup so i'd assume it would get the Watch data from there. Should be straightforward
If you restore the new watch from an iCloud backup all the watch backup data will also be restored to the new phone and then you can pair the watch. If you restore the new phone from an iTunes backup, unless that backup had been encrypted, some of the calibration and workout data from the watch will not be restored to the new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.