CHOETECH MFi Certified Lightning Cable Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by willmtaylor, Jan 28, 2016.

1. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

[FULL DISCLOSURE: I was offered this cable at a discount if I would try out the product and give an honest review.]

I picked up the CHOETECH MFi Certified 6.6' Lightning to USB cable on Amazon at the beginning of January and recommend it for anyone looking for a long, durable cable to supplement or replace their current lightning cables.

First of all, while the company states that the cable is a $60 cable on sale for $11 on Amazon, let's be honest, it's a $10-$20 cable. Yes, the packaging, manufacturing materials, and performance are top-notch, but I would NEVER pay more than $25 for a cable; it wouldn't even be on my radar. That being said, this is a high quality cable, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy several more if needed.

The packaging, as seen in the photo, was minimalistic, but quite professional.

The cable is Apple MFi certified, so I expected high quality and wasn't disappointed. All connectors fit just as snugly/securely as any of Apple's cables. Also, the material is a very tough braided nylon (it feels metallic, but is more pliable). It has a very polished and professional look and feel, and I expect it to stand up to the test of time.

Finally, it functions just as advertised during my month of daily use. I haven't had any issues with charging my iPads or iPhones or syncing them to my iMac.

I'd definitely pay the $11 if I needed another cable and would recommend the cable to anyone looking.

Will

IMG_6316.JPG

Attached Files:

2. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

@jeremysteele , this has been a great cable. I have zero complaints.

3. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

Awesome! Thanks, I will check it out :)