Choice between 2,8Ghz or 3,06Ghz

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rockabizzydilly, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Rockabizzydilly macrumors newbie

Choice between 2,8Ghz or 3,06Ghz, does the 3,06Ghz consume more? Is it noisier? Does it heat up more? Or is it just all the same?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Why don't you just make one large posts with all of your questions regarding noise and energy consumption. It obviously is going to consume more energy, the difference is negligible and the upgrade itself is questionable for most users economically. I don't think it's any louder however.

3. Rockabizzydilly thread starter macrumors newbie

Because now I got answers and the first post with everything in was like dead no one answered because all questions were in one place...

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

In the absolute sense a faster processor almost always consumes more power -> hotter. Whether you'll notice it or not is a different issue (you probably wont).

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

you probably wont noticed the difference much.

6. RetroGamer360 macrumors member

I overclocked my 2.8GHz to 3.1GHz under Windows 7 (Boot Camp) using the Nvidia Control Panel and realized minimal real world improvements and only a slight increase to my temps. The same can be said for the 9600M GT. I overclocked that as well a saw a small, but more noticeable, performance bump and the temps also stayed within reasonable levels.

Note I only overclock on an as needed basis and usually run at the factory standard settings.