Choice between Retinas.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by denisbarbov, Nov 4, 2013.

1. denisbarbov macrumors member

Hey, I really want to buy a Macbook but I want your advice. I will mainly use it for movies, music and web. Rarely games. Like few times a week I will edit videos (max 5-10min 1920x1080) in after effects. Sometimes I will use Maya 3D. Do you thing the one with IRIS PRO would work for me? Or should I go for the Early 2013 although I really want the battery life but I will get over it. I will be taking it at the beginning of January so do you think there might be refurbed ones? :My current one lasts like 2 hours max at video watching. I'll be using it for about 3 years or so. Hope you answer soon.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Apple doesn't sell anything called "IRIS PRO" but you can find out more about Retina MacBook Pro here:
    http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/

The battery life is very impressive with Mavericks.

As to refurb, no one knows what will be there January but you can check Apple's site to see what's available.

3. denisbarbov thread starter macrumors member

I meant the one with integrated graphics. :)

4. joewillmott macrumors regular

The 15" has Iris Pro? Also I have been thinking the same thing. My brain tells me to get the early 2013, but then I like the idea of having the newest thing. Pretty sad, I know.