Choices... Booq Boa slimcase XL90 VS WaterField Cargo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xilni, Feb 3, 2009.

1. xilni macrumors member

xilni

While I wait for my new Unibody 17inch MBP I've busied myself with finding the perfect bag. I need a bag to hold the laptop (and charger), my Seagate FreeAgent Xtreme (and power supply), my wireless mouse, and eventually my slightly bulky headset.

So far my choice has come down to the Booq Boa slimcase XL90 vs the WaterField Cargo.

Anyone own either of these and is willing to share their experience? My concern with the Booq Slimcase is that it may not be able to hold all the gear. I'm trying to find one at a retail location to size it up but haven't had the chance yet.

2. pstoehr macrumors member

Backpack????

Hi,

I had a PowerBook G4 17" before I got my MBA ...

From my point of view you should by a backpack if you plan to carry your MBP 17" with you. These slimcases are nice but the MBP is quiete heavy for a laptop.

Regards
    Peter

3. xilni thread starter macrumors member

xilni

I used to have a backpack for my current 17in laptop but I felt like all the straps/reinforcements for the straps made it a much bulkier bag style. It was annoying to find a big place for it while flying since it didn't fit underneath the seat in front of me. Each of these bags is much slimmer.

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I've had several waterfield bags and loved every one of them. They do have a "heavy" feel to them, whereas the booq stuff has always felt light to me. Hope that helps :rolleyes: