Choices....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pete88, Dec 4, 2010.

1. pete88 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, im in a little bit of a dilemma. Just over a week ago i lent my 2.53 Macbook Pro 13" to my brother as he does a lot of photography work. Unfortunately the mac suffered water damage, as a result i have has to claim through insurance. They have sent me a £1250 voucher for Argos/PC World/Comet to get a replacement.

Just before the accident i was thinking of changing my Macbook Pro 13" for a 13" Air fully spec'ed up although my heart wanted the 11" i didnt think the spec would be good enough for my main computer. Since i am buying from a 3d party retailer i cannot upgrade the spec to what i want. This has left me with the following three choices.

1. Replace with a 2.66 Macbook Pro 13"
    2. Replace with a 1.86/2gb/128 Air 13"
    3. Replace with a 1.4/2gb/64 Air 11" and a 2.4 Macmini connected to my flatscreen for home/more intensive use.

I use my laptop on the go about 4 days of the week and commute about 3 hours daily. Id say my workload is fairly processor light (word processing, excel, internet browsing). The only thing im worried about is not being able to upgrade the RAM in the Air to 4gb.

Obviously this is wholly a matter of opinion but any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Queso macrumors G4

In your position I would go for option 2. From the list of programs you use the extra RAM probably won't make a difference.