Choiix Wake Up Folio for new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by wmagnum1, Mar 30, 2012.

1. wmagnum1 macrumors newbie

I'm not exactly sure they changed anything to the case, but Cooler Master is claiming this case works with the new iPad. I had a black one for my iPad 2 and I liked it. The smart cover wasn't as good as a real one, but since the back case was integrated, it was a nice buy.

I'm still leaning towards going with a sticker_boy skin + smart cover, but this gives me pause yet again.

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/wake-up-folio-ipad-2-3rd-generation-smart-magnetic-cover/

2. fongyuen macrumors 6502

i'm interested in this one as well and the price is not too bad, anyone have this yet for the new ipad?

3. laurenr macrumors 6502a

laurenr

I would be careful of claims maintaining the sleep-wake function will work with iPad 2 and "3". With the different magnet polarity, this is most often not the case.
    Also, the way the corner of the back shield is formed, it looks like it would easily become unclipped from the iPad. I had this issue with a case I bought for my iPad 2 last year.

354834047.409660.jpg

It's a better design, when the back shield covers the entire perimeter, with ports in a "cutout" instead of having that awkward appendage in the corner. View a larger pic in a seperate tab to see exaclty what I mean.