Choose SSD from Apple Store uMBP 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by henry72, Jun 29, 2009.

1. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Hey bro,

Can anyone have choose SSD from Apple 128SSD,
    How fast it can be?? like how many MB per second ???
    Why everyone said that Apple SSD is rubbish???
    For me, if it can be at least 100mb or more is enough for me !!!!
    The most important things is my data is save !!! That's the main thing

Cheers~

2. will0407 macrumors 6502a

The chance of all your data being lost on a standard HDD is very slim. If you back up regularly (time machine) then it won't be a massive deal if the HDD does go wrong

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The SSD Apple uses is dog slow. Buy a stock unit and put in a decent SDD yourself. It couldn't be easier. Just remove the screws on the bottom panel with a 0 Philips screwdriver, remove the two screws on the HD retainer clip, gently pull the HDD out and pull off the SATA connector. Remove the four pins on the HDD with a TORX 6 screwdriver. Then do the reverse with your SSD. The whole process takes not more than 10 min.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You're advice didn't come with much research. What proof do you have the Apple's SSD's are "Dog Slow"? You're completely wrong. Also have you read the thread about people having issues with the 1.7 Firmware update after installing 3rd Party SSD's? Apple does not support them so right now it's not good advice to recommend bypassing Apple's SSD in favor of a 3rd party if someone is buying one of the new Macbook Pros.