Choose which email address to send from in Snow Leopard Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ravenvii, Sep 29, 2009.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Maybe I'm a dumbass and missed something obvious, but in Leopard Mail, in the New Message window, there's a drop-down menu where you can choose which email to send the message from. But in Snow Leopard, the drop-down menu's not there, and I can't figure out how to choose which email address I want the message to be sent from. The only way I could do it is to click a message sent to that email address, then click New Message, the message will then send from that email address. But that's a stupid thing to omit?

Am I missing something?

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

In Mail / Preferences / Composing it sounds like you have got Send new messages from: set to Account of selected mailbox.

Change it to one of your email accounts and you should get the drop down menu when you create a new message.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Somewhere on the left side of the address/subject fields of the new message window should have an icon with 3 lines and a triangle. Click that button, go to customize, and make sure there is a checkmark next to the From section. You show now be able to designate which email address you are sending a message via.

4. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

I tried that, it worked. As a test, I put it back to "Account of selected mailbox" again, and the menu's still there! Yet another bug in Snow Leopard I guess.

Nah, that's different than what I was talking about. Thanks though.

5. mapsk macrumors newbie

Yep its a bug/glitch would be nice to set it permanently