Choosen Direct3d instead of OpenGL and game crashed. Reinstall doesn't solve.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by not4go10, Jul 13, 2010.

1. not4go10 macrumors newbie

Hello

I was playing Counter Strike on my mac. I downloaded a version that was adapted for mac (they used wine or smth like it to make it run on mac os).
    The problem is that i accidentally changed the graphics card on the game options panel from OpenGL to D3d and as it got an error i got something like "Application can not run on d3d and is now going to run on Software basis".
    I allready tried to delete the app and install again but that doesn't solve the problem. I guess that the Mac Os saves info about the applications and the last saved info was the one that caused the crash. How can i change the info mac stores about Counter Strike?

Thanks, André

2. not4go10 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am getting this error on my logo.

[WineMain loadWindow]:failed to load window nib file 'Launcher'.

3. Queso macrumors G4

Take a look in your Home folder's Library/Preferences folder to see if there's a plist file in there related to Counter Strike. That's the usual location OSX software puts user-set preferences. If there is one, drag it to the Trash and restart the game.

4. not4go10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Grateful for your help. It solved my problem :) It had a Preferences Folder for counter strike and i deleted it