Choosing a 20" LCD for graphics work

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by multimania, Feb 12, 2008.

1. multimania macrumors member

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone can help. I have a 20" ACD at home and love it, and at work I just got bought a Dell SP2208WFP. I am very unimpressed. Firstly I can't stand the gloss, it gives me severe eyestrain running Photoshop and also the viewing angle and colour is so narrow that graphics work is really "hit and miss" at the moment.

I have told my boss of this and they are reluctantly allowing me to get another. The thing is I know they won't buy me a 20" ACD so I would like to know if there is a similar spec screen with a matte display.

Many thanks

2. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

Re:

Hey:

I have a 20" Samsung SM2032BW monitor which I mostly use for playing back movies in my bedroom. Its a fantastic screen, except its a bit of a dust magnet.

The specs are as follows:

1680x1050
    300 cd/m2 Brightness
    3000:1 Contrast Ratio

It has DVI and VGA on the back. The contrast ratio might be something to look into if you'll be working with PS

The prices are pretty reasonable - I got mine in October last year for £199.99 but its for sale now at £169.99. Its matt too

Hope this helps - I'd really recommend it ;0)

pac

3. multimania thread starter macrumors member

Thanks very much pacmania1982. I was looking at this one, but I was unsure it was matt or not. I think I'll go for it! Cheers mate!

4. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Samsung Monitors are great, ive got one, just don't install the supplied software, get yourself a spyder kit, the tones are wicked, ive also got 2 x 24" Dells which are awesome, would the 23" ACD be anygood to you ??