Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Well, I've been looking for a good lounging chair for my room to sit on, read, relax, and and be my everything chair and leave my desk chair to be a writing, and computer chair, here are the two chairs im looking at. I can't choose which, what do you think?

41ePa2FPC4L._SS260_.jpg

41PT7JVSG5L._SS260_.jpg

I'd like it to be comfortable, obviously, and good for a medium size cat to sit in. thanx!!!

PupnTaco

macrumors regular
May 29, 2007
The top one has more style. The bottom one looks like a big hemorrhoid cushion.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
hm i would say you might consider getting a chair with a headrest especially when it's about relaxing

of the two choices i would take the lower one since it looks more comfy

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
I've sat in ones like the bottom chair, and all of the ones with metal frames have been horribly uncomfortable. Pier One sells papasan chairs like that with Bamboo/Wicker frames and they're extremely comfortable. I think they cost about $100 for the frame and the cushion.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
I think the top chair looks good for you, but I would think the cat would prefer the bottom one. Buy both, one for you and one for your moggy .. :)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I've sat in ones like the bottom chair, and all of the ones with metal frames have been horribly uncomfortable. Pier One sells papasan chairs like that with Bamboo/Wicker frames and they're extremely comfortable. I think they cost about $100 for the frame and the cushion.

That is exactly the case. I've sat in both the top and bottom. For me and my body type the top curved too much so that it made my head tilt forward because it was trying to ball me up too much. I could not adjust that at all. The bottom was similar to the papasan chairs @ Pier 1 but not adjustable like Pier 1's. At Pier 1 you can maneuver the top from the base and sit more upright if you want or put it completely horizontal (like a bowl) and lay in it. These were huge 10+ years back and my mom went through the phase. Bought two chairs and a love-seat. They were great actually. I used to put the chairs horizontally and sit with my legs crossed under me and chat on AOL (now I'm dating myself!!). I think the extra you spend for the Pier 1 model is worth it. That top one though is horribly uncomfortable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.