Choosing a lounge chair for my room..help!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bluedoggiant, Jan 5, 2008.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Well, I've been looking for a good lounging chair for my room to sit on, read, relax, and and be my everything chair and leave my desk chair to be a writing, and computer chair, here are the two chairs im looking at. I can't choose which, what do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd like it to be comfortable, obviously, and good for a medium size cat to sit in. thanx!!!

2. PupnTaco macrumors regular

PupnTaco

The top one has more style. The bottom one looks like a big hemorrhoid cushion.

3. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

But doesnt the bottom one look comfy?

4. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I prefer the look of the top one. It's hard to say which would be more comfortable without sitting on them.

5. takao macrumors 68040

takao

hm i would say you might consider getting a chair with a headrest especially when it's about relaxing

of the two choices i would take the lower one since it looks more comfy

6. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I've sat in ones like the bottom chair, and all of the ones with metal frames have been horribly uncomfortable. Pier One sells papasan chairs like that with Bamboo/Wicker frames and they're extremely comfortable. I think they cost about $100 for the frame and the cushion.

7. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

8. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I think the top chair looks good for you, but I would think the cat would prefer the bottom one. Buy both, one for you and one for your moggy .. :)

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That is exactly the case. I've sat in both the top and bottom. For me and my body type the top curved too much so that it made my head tilt forward because it was trying to ball me up too much. I could not adjust that at all. The bottom was similar to the papasan chairs @ Pier 1 but not adjustable like Pier 1's. At Pier 1 you can maneuver the top from the base and sit more upright if you want or put it completely horizontal (like a bowl) and lay in it. These were huge 10+ years back and my mom went through the phase. Bought two chairs and a love-seat. They were great actually. I used to put the chairs horizontally and sit with my legs crossed under me and chat on AOL (now I'm dating myself!!). I think the extra you spend for the Pier 1 model is worth it. That top one though is horribly uncomfortable.