Choosing a Third-Party Firewall for Mac OS X Mountain Lion

webdeveloper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
The title pretty much explains it, I am looking for the best-of-the-best, rolls-royce of Third-Party Firewalls to add to my Mac OS X Mountain Lion.

Please let me know who offers that.

Thank you

webdeveloper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
You don't need one.
Is it okay to just use the basic mac firewall, along with internet security such as or norton or mcafee?

Also, why not use a really good third-party firewall and internet security to double to level of security?

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The next version of Little Snitch will be able to control incoming connections in addition to outgoing. This is probably going to be the best firewall for OS X.

-t

webdeveloper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
The next version of Little Snitch will be able to control incoming connections in addition to outgoing. This is probably going to be the best firewall for OS X.

-t
Would you guys happen to be familiar with VPN's? If I get a VPN and use it along with Privacy and Security Browser extensions, Internet Security and a Third-Party Firewall, what else do I need to really have my computer as secure as it could possibly ever get? (Reason why I am asking is I work with my computer and I also travel with it; always on Public Wi-Fi and connecting to my work's Private Wi-Fi)