Choosing iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gstevie, Apr 21, 2012.

?

iPad colour with iPhone

1. White iPad with white iPhone

26.9%
  2. Black iPad with white iPhone

5.8%
  3. White because it looks better

15.4%
  4. Black because it looks better

51.9%
  1. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

I know this is a crazy question but I'm buying an iPad at the end of the month and my only decision left when choosing one is colour! I have a white iPhone 4S which I like but not sure if I should change it up a bit by getting a black iPad. So I'm asking if u are or were in a similar situation what did do u, or would u have done: white with black or white and white?

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

How is asking a bunch of strangers for their PERSONAL preference going to help you in the tiniest? Go to the Apple shop, look at the two colours and decide.

3. MF878 macrumors regular

MF878

I have OCD (genuinely, not diagnosed by a fellow forum member over iPad returns), so the idea of a non-matching pair would be a nightmare, but I prefer both in white anyway so it doesn't really matter.

In fact, I am waiting for the sixth generation iPhone not because I want to, but because it will be the most identical under its skin to my third generation iPad. The thought of having an iPad with an A5X chip, 1GB RAM, etc. and an iPhone with different specs would mess with my head. Now some people on this forum will understand what obsessive compulsive disorder actually is, and maybe they could stop throwing it around as an insult...

4. Mercury6 macrumors member

I think the black iPad looks nicer & I find the white bezel distracting... but that's just my opinion. Compare them at the store and see which one you like better.

5. gstevie thread starter macrumors 6502

gstevie

I'm not so much asking strangers to make a personal choice for me. I'm asking a group of people who clearly have similar taste in electronic devices to tell me what combinations they have made in a similar situation. Just for me to get a general idea. I have been to the Apple store several times for different reasons and looked at both, even in the Tesco that is near my work, when I go for lunch I need to walk by the display and I can't make my mind up and it's a choice I'm gonna have to stick with. That's all, not asking u to take me and say buy that one!

Iv got minor OCD too, and sympathise which is another reason I dnt want to make the wrong choice!

6. Chairman.Jobbie macrumors 6502

:p:D:) Sorry, made me laugh.

7. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I show a lot of photos on mine, so I went with the black. I thought the white would be distracting.

8. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Flip a coin. You have a 50-50 shot at getting the right one or irrevocably ruining your life.