Choosing Options MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jc0518, Dec 26, 2007.

1. jc0518 macrumors newbie

Hello, Im planning on buying a macbook pro soon, however i was confused on which options to include in order to run Aperture 1.5.2 smoothly. I used to have a 2.2 SR macbook pro, however i got the spinning ball often when making adjustments to pictures, this lasted for a few seconds and then it went back to normal.

I was wondering if it would be better to order the 2.6 ghz instead of the 2.4 or if i would benefit more by buying the 7200 rpm drive with a 2.4 when using aperture. Also would the 256MB video card make the program run smoother?

Thanks for your suggestions/comments.

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Any MBP will run Aperture fine. The 2.6 is totally unnecessary.

If it was lagging on your SR MBP it wasn't the fault of the machine, old Powerbook G4s and even Macbooks are within the specs for Aperture.

3. jc0518 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I've used a 2.0 C2D macbook as well as a 2.2 SR MBP and the macbook was very slow and the pro was ok, but it still froze for a couple of seconds when doing adjustments.

I was wondering if the video card, faster HD or faster processor would help.

Thanks

4. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I would suggest waiting for MWSF. The 2.4 model will likely be replaced by a 2.6 Penryn so there's the money for the 7200PM HDD also. Don't forget the 4GB of Third Party RAM. Then you get the best of both worlds.