Help trying to get a Mac book
I will be a freshmen in college next year. So that means i will be doing a lot of papers and other stuff in that genre of college life.
Is retina display worth giving up a i7 processor?
Thanks for your input.
After many years. I'm back in grad school. My opinion is...
1) You don't need a faster CPU for your use case. Any current Apple macbook is more than fast enough to run a word processor. I use both Google Doc for group projects. and Pages too.
2) You will care a LOT how hevy and bulky the computer is. The 13" "Air" is nearly perfect for school the MBP is a bit thick and heavy and you'll never use the optical drive.
3) Buy a big monitor and keep it on your desk
4) Cloud storage is good. Makes for a good backup. But also buy TWO hard drives for Time Machine.
5) some others students are using iPads in class. I don't think I could learn to type on one. But Some peopla can type quickly on them and they work well. But you need a computer too
Bottom line. You have to cary it around all day and you don't need a lot of CPU power, the 13" Air is perfect