Chopper game: Price drop

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by sjjordan, Sep 19, 2008.

1. sjjordan macrumors 6502

Chopper is now $4.99 for those who, like me, have been waiting for it to be a little cheaper. Previous price was $7.99, I think.

2. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I got it at the $7.99 price, and think it was definitely worth it. $4.99 is even better!

3. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

I second that! It is my accelerometer based game of choice, with iCopter being my overall game of choice just because it is easier to play in more situations eg. on the bus.

I am just hoping Chopper adds in things like crashes when approaching too fast and killing the people if you land on them, I seem to remember that from the original Chopper.

4. Wolfmore macrumors member

Wolfmore

thanks for tip. Had not seen this till now. Just got and really enjoying it!

5. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

How's the gameplay of it? I've not thought about buying it because I've got -£0.50 in the bank.. but is it worth it?

6. The General macrumors 601

That just sounds annoying. I already find it annoying that you crash when you hit buildings and that the game is instant death.

You can kill enemies when you land on them but not friends.

7. mattjb macrumors member

I posted about the price drop last week, but I also have to say that it was worth it even at $7.99. However, with the lower price, perhaps the game will sell mroe and more people can enjoy it. I played Choplifter, which is similar, back in the old days on the Sega Genesis and this game on the iPhone brings back so many good memories.

8. Amt macrumors regular

The gameplay is great. You can read a review of it on the linked-site in my sig.

9. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Wait - you want to crash into buildings and survive? How realistic is that? ;)

I could have sworn I killed a "friend" by landing on them once. Though maybe I accidentally pressed "fire" and didn't realize it... :D

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The controls are very smooth and responsive. I haven't enjoyed every iPhone game I've played, but this one is a winner.

11. Habakuk macrumors 6502a

Again: $0.99–an 80% discount–”for a limited time.”