Chopping video on EyeTV and Mac Book Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by deafanimator, Nov 28, 2010.

1. deafanimator macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have 2009 Unibody Mac book pro 15", 2.53 ghz, 4 GB Ram. I have a new EyeTV with my HD TV roof top antenna.

When I watch on TV the football on Fox channel which is local. The video is chopping from time to time. Why is that? My Mac Book Pro is more than suffice as it require to meet with EYeTV.

Any one experice this similar? Any advice?

2. deafanimator thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I called support. He said try reinstall. I will find out if that solves problem.

3. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

Unless they made massive leaps since when I tried it two years ago... there stuff is horrible. That's all there is to it. Ours constantly cut out... spendthrift hours trying to fix to no end... this was on the top of the line imac...

4. xaquaticx macrumors regular

I copied some old tapes of me as a kid into my MBP with EyeTV, just the cheapest one that only allows recording. Had out of sync audio in many spots. I'm pissed. Those tapes are hanging on by a thread. Each playback threatens them. I'm disappointed. They seem like a nice company, but I'm about to get in touch with them to see if they know about a bug. I have a 8 gig RAM 15" MBP, and I make sure nothing else is running when recording. That should be way more than enough horsepower right!

5. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

haaaa. When i contacted them they told me they fixed the bugs in the newest version of the software... and offered me to buy it at the upgrade price ( no discount) :rolleyes:

6. deafanimator thread starter macrumors member

The company supposed to email me the instruction and work order number. I have not gotten yet. They required the ticket and fill out information the problem over email and phone call before they do anything.

I will see if the company is good or poor service.

I will let you know soon when I hear from them.

7. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

It sounds like you may some settings you need to tweak. Play around with your deinterlacing settings. I have late 2009 Mac Mini with 2GB RAM and HD Football looks great.

Are you using a Hybrid whit the latest version of EyeTV?