iPhone XS Max Choppy Animations (iPhone Xs Max)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robduckett14, Sep 28, 2018.

1. robduckett14 macrumors member

I may be crazy but does anyone that has the Xs Max notice that the animations at times are very choppy and not smooth i.e. Exiting apps back to the home screen also on the lockscreen when unlocking to view notifications the notfication flickers when the entire message is show rather than the preview. Also when exiting apps and going to back to home screen sometimes the app icons flicker really quickly.

Just wanted to know anyone else has experienced this or seen it on their device? And if this something that may warrant a visit to the Death Trap lol (Apple Store). I've restored and reset all settings on the device a few times already but this still exists. When the animations are smooth they are very smooth and the phone looks awesome.

Thanks.

2. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

What you are seeing is probably created by spotlight indexing as a background task. A process that can take several days to complete. And by restoring your phone, you are restarting the spotlight indexing process each time.

3. Radeon85 macrumors 6502

Have that issue on my Max as well, never had that issue on my X last year or any other iPhone. And I always restore from a backup.

To test though I setup the Max as a new device and still had the occasional choppy animations.

4. alisex747 macrumors member

5. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

I only got a choppy animation with control center while playing a game or on youtube app.

6. dazz87 macrumors 65816

dazz87

Another one.............I guess this year apple decided the beta testers will be their customers.....

7. treyhunnid macrumors regular

treyhunnid

8. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

9. Radeon85 macrumors 6502

Choppy animations occur while scrolling native or 3rd party apps and even just pinch to zoom on safari on a basic site like this one with mostly text. Doesn't happen all the time, maybe 10% of the time but it's extremely noticeable.

Gaming is fine, as long as the CPU/GPU is under a decent load it's fine. It's as if the lower power cores are doing the work when the higher powered ones should have taken over.

Something is not right and considering quite a few of us here have it it's most likely a software issue hopefully, did try 12.1 beta 1 and same choppy issues occur on that as well.

10. treyhunnid macrumors regular

treyhunnid

11. Radeon85 macrumors 6502

12. dan-K macrumors 6502

I see this too. Noticeable most for me when exiting apps and going to the home screen.

13. robduckett14 thread starter macrumors member

Im just glad im not the only one that has seen this so for the people that have experienced this do you think it plausible to wait for 12.1 to see if this will in fact resolve this or would a trip to Apple Store be justified would they exchange a phone out for this reason? Or could just return and just buy again?

14. alisex747 macrumors member

I restored my iphone as a new iphone and no more lag after 10 sec inactivity
    Then I restored my data backup and the issue appeared again.
    Very weird

15. Sinonson81 macrumors member

Sinonson81

I did same thing and never installed the backup and after I put my music on and other things it started doing it and I never used a backup of nothing. All new skins u add any apps and almost anything it will start back up again