Choppy Flash Videos?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 1trduong, Mar 14, 2011.

1. 1trduong macrumors newbie

My new 2011 baseline 13 in. is super fast and amazing... but lately it's playing flash videos on youtube very choppily,, especially the hds. Since this is happening lately and not at the beginning what did i do wrong? is it firefox, apps, flash player, or the video card??? can i do anything to fix this??? thanks for your help.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. 1trduong thread starter macrumors newbie

yes and actually after some testing i've narrow the problem down to be firefox... safari plays hd videos smoothly... soo what is wrong with my firefox? is it the addons/thems... is firefox just slower than safari?

4. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Try increasing the sessionsaving stuff:

Go to about:config
    Type browser.sessionstore.interval in the Filter
    Change the value from its default of 10000 to something larger (it's in milliseconds)

5. 1trduong thread starter macrumors newbie

could it be flip4mac the app?? i've heard that this could slow videos down? or maybe download helper the addon?

6. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Can't see why flip4mac should be doing anything when loading a flash video.

7. 1trduong thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried this but i didnt help... firefox is just slower i guess...

8. -C- macrumors member

I had a problem with the latest flash crashing Chrome all the time. After searching for a solution it was recommended to go to a flash video, right click the video, go to "settings", and uncheck "enable hardware acceleration". After I did that Chrome hasn't crashed but I noticed that flash videos were choppy in Safari. Maybe check those settings and see if that does anything - it could be something or nothing but I noticed a difference with mine.

9. 1trduong thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so i did this and also uninstall downloadhelper and it seems to be working so far.. however at the beginning of the videos almost always there would be one or two stutters but then the rest of the video is fine.

10. moosaur macrumors newbie

Which version of Firefox? I've heard that the FF4 beta + flash doesn't do so well on Mac, but the 'stable' releases do better.

11. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Choppy flash video playback is all just part of the mac experience. Enjoy

12. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1