Choppy graphics after waking from sleep?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mchank, Nov 11, 2007.

1. mchank macrumors regular

My macbook pro will sometimes have choppy graphics after its woken up from sleep, such Expose not being smooth and the mouse pointer jumping around. I've got Leopard installed but it happened under Tiger as well. A restart is the only thing that will put it back to normal? Any ideas?

2. theman macrumors 6502a

Same thing here. I've posted about it a bunch of times. I also occasionally have this problem where it doesn't want to wake at all. That hasn't happened for while. One thing I've read is that you should turn off the "automatically reduce screen brightness before screen sleep" setting. Didn't help for me but has for others. Apparently it's a known issue and should be fixed in 10.5.1 (hopefully).

3. a1dipship macrumors regular

same problem. choppy graphics and pointer. and i have hardly anything installed.

i have 10.5.1 installed.

hope they fix it. :confused:

4. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

I can confirm this. Got it too...
    But not every time I wake it from sleep though.

5. Macula macrumors 6502

Macula

Maybe all it needs is a cup of coffee. :p

I had a similar issue with a brand new Macbook Pro, the day after I received it. I sent the machine back for a replacement although I am sure the problem (if it is a hardware problem) would be easily fixable.

6. effer macrumors member

Many people report problems coming out of sleep if they had wifi enabled at the time it went to sleep. Try turning off airport, closing the lid, then waking it. When it comes back to life, it won't be searching for the last wifi network it was using..

7. mjand macrumors newbie

8. ncsmith4 macrumors 6502

Trying it now.

Also... how do you know if your computer is sleeping vs. hibernating?