Choppy graphics in MBP??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jakeguy99, Aug 11, 2007.

1. jakeguy99 macrumors regular

jakeguy99

I will be playing either world of warcraft or call of duty 2 and it seems that the graphics are choppy no matter what the settings are on. I am currently using 2.4 ghz with 2GB of ram. I am hoping that it is not a graphics card problem, but maybe you guys can help.

2. chaoticprout macrumors member

im running wow on my mbp with pretty high settings and getting a consistent 40-70 fps

3. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

4. jakeguy99 thread starter macrumors regular

jakeguy99

Nope, nothing running n the background. It is not a fps problem i am around 50-70 fps for WoW and 30-90 in CoD 2. but while moving it is still choppy.

5. GeorgeD macrumors member

wow

my cousin runs wow for 8 hours a day on his old MBP with no problems. i dont know why yours is choppy...

6. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I'm running wow almost everyday on mmy MBP; and it runs very smooth, even in SSC its very smooth ( i do notch down the settings quite a it there).

Be sure to disable AA, since it takes away half my performance.

7. Zel macrumors regular

That just sounds like a high ping!

8. jakeguy99 thread starter macrumors regular

jakeguy99

Nah..im telling you 50-60fps with a ping around 60, il be in an instance with no problems, but when out side its running all choppy, it started happening ever since i updated the MBP to 1.1 i believe.

9. g2redgsr macrumors newbie

I have the SAME EXACT problem...anyone know why this is? my friend told me to put COD2 in another folder besides applications ...still didnt work...

10. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Yup, have the exact same problem with COD2 and to the person who said it's high ping, it most definitely isn't. I just gave up and play it on my PC.

11. Jurwin macrumors regular

Jurwin

Yes the problem is you're trying to play games on a mac. Get a decent PC or atleast use bootcamp. :p