Choppy graphics in some games.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vapblack, May 25, 2010.

1. vapblack macrumors newbie

When I play biodefense, or doodle jump the framerate drops so low that its unplayable. I tried restarting and respringint, as well as freeing up memory in sbsettings. I don't know what else to try :mad:

On more investigation, it seems almost all my apps are suffering. Sonic plays well but other iPhone games don't. I think all the iPad games have low frame rates, as well as the videos I have. What's going on?

2. dazcox5181 macrumors 6502

Simple fix. Restore and use the official firmware. Jailbroken iPads seem to have issues presently. I'm not against Jailbreaking - my iPhone was happily jailbroken since I got it - but the iPad just seems to have problems that go away or don't exist on official versions.

Whats so essesntial on the iPad to jailbreak for anyway?

3. THFourteen macrumors 6502a

THFourteen

i've jailbroken, and i dont have the issues you are having with any games apart from sam n max.

however the only system app i've installed is backgrounder, the rest are just games like snes4iphone, scummvm and openttd

i wont be installing anything that messes too much with the internal workings as i think you might see issues as above

4. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

If you have a TV out program installed (like TVout2) disable it from SBSettings. It forces some apps (OpenGL apps I think?) to skip every other frame.

If you don't have any tvout app installed... then I dunno. Just a suggestion.

5. vapblack thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. This was it.