Choppy playback with quicktime when playing GoPro footage

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Vook, May 17, 2012.

1. Vook macrumors member

Vook

Wondering if anyone has any ideas..........playback is very choppy when viewing gopro footage, 720p-60 frames per second. When I make the window frame smaller it plays smooth, but when I want to watch it in full screen, it sucks unicorn dong. I have a MBP 13" 2011 8gb of ram. This is very dissapointing. :mad:
    Any help would be appreciated.......thank you all.

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Sounds like your computer can't handle it, especially given that it will play fine out of full screen. Do other 720/1080 files work? (best way is to go to apple trailers if you're not sure)

3. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Sounds like it's a 13" vs 60fps in full screen issue.

Try MPlayerX from the App store to see if it's Quicktime is my only suggestion.

4. Vook thread starter macrumors member

Vook

Playing in other settings works fine. I'm going to try the mplayer after dinner. Thanks for the info guys, wish me luck.

5. ericpj14 macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem and I just stumbled across your thread while I was looking for something else. I used VLC player and it played perfectly on my macbook pro in fullscreen. Quicktime was skipping all over the place. I was recording in 720/60 as well and thought it might be a camera issue since what I was recording had a lot of vibration and bouncing. VLC solved the issue though.

6. Vook thread starter macrumors member

Vook

mplayerx fixed the problem as well. Thank you guys for the help, it is much appreciated :D