Choppy scrolling (iPad 3)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tranceFusion, Mar 17, 2012.

1. tranceFusion macrumors member

Anyone having rather choppy scrolling in safari and news reader apps? I haven't used a previous iPad to compare but I assumed it would be nice and smooth like my iPhone 4s..

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Mine is very smooth. No chopping. Have you tried a reboot?

3. Mo1959 macrumors member

Funny you should say that, but I thought it was a bit jerky last night. Just like when you were scrolling a page up or down there was a little stutter.

4. tranceFusion thread starter macrumors member

I played with them I'm the apple store today and they all do this. It seems like the refresh rate on the display is too low or something. I guess they need to leave something broken so they can sell us an iPad 4. To be fair, I think the 2 does this as well, but with the lower resollution it comes off more as a motion blur than a choppiness.

5. cfs macrumors 6502a

Does the user experience suffer. I am still using my iPad 1 and it is working fine. Is it similar to the refresh rates on the first generation?

6. iosuser macrumors 6502a

It is silky smooth, just like every i-device I've ever owned, currently iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and now 3. I am extremely sensitive (as in picky) about a smooth UI. There is simply nothing else out there that gives you the consistently silky smooth UI experience, iPad 3 (expectedly) included.

----------

Not sure what trance fusion was seeing... I had the iPad 1. It's still the same silky smoothness when scrolling in Safari, except now it's vastly sharper.

7. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

I also have the iPad 1, and now iPad 3. No scrolling issues whatsoever.

And I, too, notice that very easily. That is what drives me crazy about Android--even a slight lag drives me nuts.

Michael

8. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

For most part (99%) it is very smooth without any problems.

However, I do notice that when a page just got loaded, or an app that just loaded, the starting 0.1 second feels choppy and it will autocorrect itself and becomes smooth.

9. tranceFusion thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's not that it's jerky or laggy, it's like the display updates slowly or something and the text seems to jump rather than slide. It seems to cause me eye strain when using it for more than a few minutes to web/news browse.

10. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

Yes I did notice that the scrolling is much more choppy than it was on the iPad 2.

11. vanc macrumors 6502

I bought two 32G 4G, one white, one black. Both has the scrolling issues. In a text only web site, scroll up and down, and it's kind of wobbling.

Tried on my original iPad (16G 3G), no wobbling happened.

12. bobright macrumors 601

I have to agree that's why we need a JB all that can be tweaked.