Choppy, unreliable internet access with AirPort Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Grimsrud, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Grimsrud macrumors member

I have an older cable modem running Comcast's service connected to the newest AirPort Extreme in my current setup. My computer is a 13.3" MacBook Pro with all of the latest software updates. With all of that said, I'm having problems with having webpages hang, dropped audio on streams and constant re-buffering of video. Strangely enough, my signal is always at full strength no matter how far away I am from the AirPort. Until a few days ago I was using a Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT firmware with absolutely no troubles at all, but things have gone to hell with this new router. I've rebooted my modem and AirPort and I've browsed through the settings without finding any solutions yet. I've tried 5Ghz mode, I've tried being inches away from the AirPort and I've tried going to 802.11g with no improvements. Does anyone have an idea about what is going on?

2. Grimsrud thread starter macrumors member

I just tested the speed of my connection, and it's hitting its max.
    [​IMG]

Everything is still rebuffering and hanging constantly though in spite of those numbers. I am extremely disappointed with this since I was hoping this setup would be an upgrade for me. I'm hoping that I'm just missing some small setting or something.