Choppy Youtube playback

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by reiimondo, Oct 10, 2011.

1. reiimondo macrumors newbie

Hey, so recently I realised that the playback on YouTube is choppy at times.

Whenever I play the video from the beginning or from pause and move the cursor over the video, it would skip a few frames before playing normal again.

However this problem goes away when I change the video to full-screen - which is a temporary fix, but it's annoying to not being able to watch the video in its standard mode.

I'm using a 2011 15" Macbook Pro, OS X Lion 10.7.1

Thanks

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Not sure what is making the video choppy. Here's a few questions for you:

1. Have you tried restarting the computer?

2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
    If it's not up-to-date, update Flash. Does the problem still exist?

3. Does problem still exist in other browsers like Google Chrome or Firefox?

3. reiimondo thread starter macrumors newbie

I've the other two, before so it shouldnt be those.

Oh!, i tried Youtubing with Google chrome (I use firefox), and it didn't have the problem anymore...damn, must be something wrong with firefox =(.

Thanks =D

4. ohsoez macrumors newbie

Choppy Video

I'm adding this because I keep forgetting. My computer couldn't play any kind of online or streaming video, not youtube, not news, not anything without having stuttering or choppy, or locking up every 3 seconds. The basic problem is your wireless router. I had a linksys router (black with the blue bar) and there is some issue with the apple computers and the newness of new routers. Once I bought a new wireless router everything is just fine. (This is thanks to the Apple guy at Best Buy). It has something to do with the speed or compression or mhz or something and it's the router's fault not the computer. If your router is more than a year old, get a new one. Don't download anything and dont sign up for any of the apple cleaning things.