Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevet

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
If he adds value and moves on, it's still value added. It's not like normal jobs where they need to invest significant time and energy into training him to do a job. He's coming into it already mastering his field.

He didn't add any value at Tesla. Basically lasted 6 months there before being let go.

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2016
I cant listen to the whole thing right now, but could somebody tell me if they talk about overall software quality at Apple? Did he have any insights there?

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
I cant listen to the whole thing right now, but could somebody tell me if they talk about overall software quality at Apple? Did he have any insights there?

He's been gone 3 years so likely he does not know and if he is responsible he will never attack Apple in public. His future some day might depend on still being on good terms.

4nNtt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2007
Chicago, IL
I would have to agree on the WWDC format. Apple outgrew this event resorting to a lottery system years ago. I like the nostalgia of this event, but this is probably a good time for a format change. Maybe in a few years this will take place in AR!

mdatwood

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
East Coast, USA
He didn't add any value at Tesla. Basically lasted 6 months there before being let go.

He addresses that in the podcast. Him and Elon didn't get along, which based on everything I have read should not have been a surprise. But, I think we are all generally optimistic when going into a new job. I've had a job like that once where it was sold one way, but turned out another. I was barely there 3 months before I quit and moved on.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014

They talked about Lattner's journey from Apple to Tesla,Google and now SiFive. Then something about WWDC and Swift, SwiftUI and Combine but I don't remember the subject being discussed.
I don't think Lattner wants to burn any bridges, you never know.
[automerge]1585563502[/automerge]
I liked the part where John Siracusa talked about the things he doesn't like. Wait, that's every episode.

I love listening to John complaining about anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.