Christian Bale 'to make three Terminators'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by edesignuk, May 21, 2008.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

BBC.

Errrr, cool, I guess? I like Christian Bale, always seems to put his all in to roles. Hopefully they can come up with some good scripts, and can drag Arnie in to doing some cameos :D

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The guy who directed Charlie's Angels with the really bad Hollywood name, McG or whatever, is really really really bad at directing. Why choose a good actor and a bad director?

3. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

I've only seen the Cameron Terminator movies...can't say I'm really interested in any others; as far as I'm concerned they don't exist. ;) It worked fine as a duology...there was no need to extend the series past the second, and nothing good can come of it.... (Sort of like the Alien movies, actually.)

--Eric

4. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

T-3 was good, and without knowing a single thing about any of these next planned films I don't see how you can write them off this early on.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I quite liked the firs Terminator films and I'm hoping the new trilogy doesn't follow Star Wars. Oh deary me.
    But seriously Christian Bale seems like the guy for the job.

6. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

T3 was perfectly watchable but didn't really add anything to the previous films in plot/character terms. As for the next three... you're right... we'll just have to wait and see.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Gotta say e, this sounds like a career-killer. Unless they get Ron Moore to do it, I don't see how resurrecting a dead franchise as bad as the Terminator is going to be good. Of course, one never knows.

8. szark macrumors 68030

szark

While I think that a set of Terminator movies might be a good idea (if done correctly), I think it would be a bad idea to be participating in more than one franchise at the same time. Is he scheduled to be in any more Batman films?

The current resurrection seems to be doing reasonably well on Fox at the moment. ;)

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

How is the Terminator franchise "dead"? T-3 was released 5 years ago.

10. Keebler macrumors 68030

well, it worked for the 3 'new' star wars....
    waitta sec.
    no i didn't.

as much as I love George Lucas for his visionary abilities, his skills as a director result in wooden movies.

i hope that doesn't happen to the terminator series b/c it's an interesting story.
    i wonder if they'll tie it into the tv show?

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well the terminator franchise isn't dead. there was the tv series this past year, which while not the best, ended up being pretty much 'okay' in my book.

the concept and idea has potential as long as the writing is good.

12. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Because the concept was taken care of by the first two movies. There's nothing more worthwhile that can be added, and besides, they need a decent director. A lot of good storytelling is knowing when to bring things to a close; much better to spend the energy on something new instead of endlessly rehashing a series that doesn't need it. There are some open-ended concepts that can continue for a long time, but Terminator ain't one of them.....

--Eric

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Saw the show once. It was horrible. Just because it's still on, doesn't mean it's good.

Thank you. Well said.

14. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

some of the first shows were very bad, yes. but it got much better in terms of plot (and some of the acting) as the show went on. its not for everyone.

i think its probably just going to be a futuristic movie with the backdrop setting of termanator, but really just be humans against robots. ie: after 'judgement day' and surviving.

15. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Terrible choice for the director. Paris Hilton would have been a better choice, seriously.