iPad mini Christmas came early, looks like

Discussion in 'iPad' started by c3str, Nov 3, 2012.

1. c3str macrumors member

Now, I see both sides of the screen debate. I am wondering if any other iPad mini users feel like this is the device they've wanted and hoped for.

My experience:
    This is the mini-computer I've dreamed of since I was a little geekgirl. The size. The OS. I have an iPhone but honestly for me it's Just A Phone + camera. Too small for me to be interested in Web browsing,reading, Pinterest, gaming... And I have an iPad 3. Too big for my purse, too heavy for extended book or NYTimes reading.

On the iPad mini, I'm finding touch-typing workable. Reading. Web. Pinterest. Photo-browsing. I don't truly know if Apple had to sacrifice Retina for size or greed.

But suddenly...I'm surprised to find I don't care. Anyone else? Geez I love this thing. :p:apple:

2. bigboar macrumors 6502

I am with ya! Except for the girly parts:D

3. nanotoj macrumors regular

nanotoj

I agree. After using it for about 10 hours or more since getting it I have found one thing to make a huge difference in reference to the screen. My iPhone apps still work great for the most part but I experimented and bought the iPad version of a few apps and the resolution is so much better. I was keeping it anyway but now I am much happier after rebuying a few apps. Tapatalk is the one with the biggest difference I have seen so far.

4. tl01 macrumors 65816

I totally understand what you are thinking. I tested it out at the apple store yesterday and now I'm trying up figure out how to sell iPad 3 for as much as possible to fund an iPad mini with LTE. I love the size and it will fit in my new purse perfectly. I keep wondering if I will miss the bigger screen but I don't think I will. My kids are getting iPad minis for Christmas. I think they will love them!!

5. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I couldn't agree more with the sentiment of is thread. This feels like e perfect size for an iPad. And the weight reduction is simply marvelous. While I do notice the absence of a retina display, it's far being a deal breaker. The iPad mini is simply a joy to behold, and to hold.

6. Izzybeff macrumors member

I don't even have my cellular version yet and I can already tell you it will be perfect for me. Ever since I got the first iPad I've been saying this would be perfect if it was smaller. I can't wait to be able carry it airing in my purse. Personally I'm looking forward to using it instead of my iPhone.

7. Noisemaker Guest

I totally agree. My iPhone 5 is my texting/phone/camera. The iPad Mini fills the void for the lightweight stuff that I don't really need a ton of power for - though, that being said, it still does have a good bit of power under the hood.

As for the screen, screw the haters. I'd rather get 12 hours of battery life and have it weigh half a pound than have it be retina. In the future, sure. But I'd rather have perfect usability than spec bragging rights to impress some Android fanboy.

8. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

I felt the same way. Went to the apple store to have a play, the moment I picked up the mini got flashbacks of the Star Trek PADD I dreamt of as a kid, lol. The size, the thickness, the silver casing...we're living in the future :D

Attached Files:

9. apierrec macrumors 6502