Christmas Day Question (Poll)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leomac08, Dec 25, 2009.

?

What time do you open your gifts?

1. Dec 24th, (11pm-12am)

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Dec 24th, before (11pm)

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Dec 25th, after midnight

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Dec 25th, morning

47 vote(s)
    59.5%
  5. Dec 25th, anytime during the day, afternoon, night

18 vote(s)
    22.8%
  6. None, I open gifts when I get them right on the spot!

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

Happy Holidays, and Merry Christmas everybody!

Today as you know it, many people wake up in the morning and open many gifts, but some people open them a different times.

In my culture, we usually wait till around 11:00pm-12am on December 24th, 2009 (sometimes even at 10pm), but some people open their gifts around christmas morning as early as 7am-????

So I created a poll, which time do you guys open your presents and gifts?

2. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

When we were younger - We would get up at like 5 and open them drag the parents out of bed.

Now that were "older" and have moved out. Basically any time. We didn't end up there until 11am yesterday.

Mum and dad didn't care what time we got there as long as we were all together.

3. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I open gifts as I get them. People like to know if you like the gifts or not.

4. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

Cool:cool:, lol +1

Haha, I do that sometimes with some people. :D

5. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

My family usually opens everything on Christmas morning.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

We opened our gifts around 9 am MST this morning.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Since my girlfriends family go to Midnight Mass they usually open theirs when they get back home. Me? I'm a morning guy. This year was 10am.

8. Ann P macrumors 68020

We usually have a HUGE family get together. Start opening the gifts at 10 PM, eat, take breaks and finish at around 1 in the morning. The presents are piles high!

9. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

Classical, to both of you guys.;):) Maybe I should try that one time.

Should have open them earlier, (takes the suspense of "what you got?" much earlier! :D)

Same here!:D

10. StephenCampbell macrumors 65816

Your poll is missing an option. My family doesn't give gifts at christmas.

11. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

That's nice.

Then why are you even in this thread? So at what time do you give your non-Christmas gifts?

Different times for me. Some morning, some afternoon, some at night depending on who I'm with.

12. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Well what do you give then?

13. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

When I lived in the US, we opened presents after a mid-day dinner on Christmas Day, maybe about 3 or 4 pm. Here in Norway most people I know open presents on Christmas Eve, after a dinner that usually starts around 5 pm. But since we have "your and mine" kids, we usually gather everyone together on the 22nd and do our whole Christmas thing (including gifts) then, so the kids (who are older teenagers/young adults) can be with their other parents on the day itself.

Complicated but it works. :p

14. EliteF50 macrumors regular

I open my gifts on Christmas Morning (9-10AM).

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nah I love the suspense. My girlfriend does too but its just with her siblings opening all their gifts at 1am that she doesn't want to be left out.
    We did open Rock Band 2 on xmas eve though. But that was for the whole family anyways.

16. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

I am an anytime guy :) I open presents after midnight mass, when I wake up (around 9am), after lunch (3pm) and after dinner (8pm), it is done this way as I see a lot of family at different times :)

17. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

As a child, I remember lining up at the top of the stairs around 6a Christmas morning, by age - oldest in front, me in back. We had to wait there while mom and dad went down, made/drank coffee, turned on the tree lights, and did whatever else still needed doing that would make us wait there for 5 minutes that seemed like hours!
    It's only when I got kids of my own that I came to realize that mom and dad were probably up until 4 or 5a assembling all the gifts from Santa for their 6 kids. :eek:

Now, my family meets on Christmas Eve and we exchange gifts, mostly things for the kids. Then our daughter comes over our home around 11a Christmas morning and we open our gifts. This makes my 8yo son a little edgy, but he handles the wait pretty well. We then go to my wife's family around 3p and stay there until late evening, getting home around 10p or so.

18. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

Nice Story, lol I open them christmas eve.;)

I do that sometimes, but only with friends or gift exchanges at work.:rolleyes:

Hilarious Story. Especially the little kids getting in line and the big ones in the front. Nice!:D

19. ethical macrumors 68000

It's always been Christmas Day for me, I'm suprised so many people open their presents on Christmas Eve. Why is that if you don't mind me asking? Just family tradition or is that's what's most common where you're from?

When we were younger it would be most of them between 7/8am and 9:30am then we'd head off to church, then get back and open the rest throughout the day on either side of lunch.

But now we're a bit older (the youngest of my siblings being 15 the rest of us at uni/moved out) it waits until after church - mainly because I wake up 15 minutes before we need to go -, so 12/1pm is when we do it. And it's scattered throughout the day more than in one go, so the last ones may not be opened until 7/8pm.

20. Xavier macrumors 68020

Christmas day, after an amazing breakfast!

Edit: Post number 1000