Christmas Hiding

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by daleycss, Nov 28, 2010.

1. daleycss macrumors regular

I know youre gonna think this is a weird thread, and in some ways you're right. For Christmas, I bought my kids iPods. I got my 6 year old a shuffle and my thirteen year old a touch. For anyone out there trying to figure out how to hide it from them, get the boxes they put clothes in. Then get a boring gift such as socks and boxers, lay the ipod box at the bottom, then throw the socks and boxers in the box. It works perfectly, especially if your kids are snoops like mine. They look for the boxes that look the most interesting and never pay attention to the ones that look like clothes!!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The old awesome gift in a dumb box trick is nothing new. Snoop or not, my parents did that for ages and I'm not exactly young.

3. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I tell my kids that anything they find, whether accidentally or on purpose, gets taken back to the store. I've never had a problem with snooping... evar.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I always waited till Christmas Eve to buy
    Nothing to hide or find

5. Kyffin macrumors 6502

I find hiding in the postal service works- if you time them to arrive Christmas eve they come already wrapped!

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

The trick I will be employing on my future kids and future wife is something my dad does and that is use my height. I use a high self in the closet that I have to stand on my toes to get to. Just put it behind some junk or in a box I keep up there and no one will get to it.

High out of reach places work great. Reason for future wife is I have to put it some place she would never go looking for something else. It mostly to avoid the accidental findings

7. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

8. Xavier macrumors 68020

My parents always gave me a lump of coal for christmas as a joke. It is now one of the longest lasting family traditions. It has only now become slightly humoros to me now that I am older.

9. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

try on top of the Vacuum cleaner bag ... lol

10. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Heh, my parents always did that to my brother and me. We did some light snooping, but nothing serious. Then, of course, there was the Christmas Eve they made so much noise bringing stuff in and assembling that it woke us up and we sneaked in and peeked.

11. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

There were several years when I was younger and while snooping I found some of my gifts. They threatened the return as well but how would they find out?

I hide things in the most obvious places, like in a food storage cabinet (no one else likes certain cereals so they will never look in the boxes. Or inside large jackets that are hanging on a rack with several other jackets in a closet. But the more "offsite" your storage, the better off you are against snooping. Places maybe in a locked shed or maybe the garage. We have an old truck in our garage and hiding stuff in the engine bay is super easy.

12. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

Man, I was a BAD boy during Christmas time when I was young. I remember I found a Nintendo game a few days before xmas, I opened it, beat the game, and put it back. Lets just say it wasnt the most exciting gift to open come xmas lol.