Christmas Present for Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cujoca, Dec 4, 2008.

1. cujoca macrumors regular

Hey everyone at Macrumors,

So far you've all been really helpful to me about my mac related questions, now i'm hoping you can help me some more. I'm 18 years old and my girlfriend is 17. We've been going out for almost six months. My problem is i have no clue what to get her for Christmas. We set a limit of $150 and i really want to get her something thoughtful and creative (ie. not clothes). I was really hoping that you folks could help me out with some ideas.

Thanks in advance!

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Perfume
    Nice watch if she wears them
    Go to the jewelry district if you have one and pick up a pair of diamond or pearl ear rings.

What does she do for fun? Where are you located? Does she do the spa thing? Maybe take her to get a facial, message, pamper her.

Depending on where you are, get her a season pass to an amusement park.

Just some ideas.

3. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

All depends on what she likes. So...what does she like?

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I would put what I got mine, but she comes on here occasionally, and probably reads my posts, so I shan't for now ;)

5. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

Im located in Toronto, Canada and some of her interests include music (loves playing the piano and guitar), skiing and she loves movies. She did express an interest in jewelery but im not sure that diamonds will fit into my $150 range.

6. deorg macrumors 6502

deorg

look its all about what she needs or will be touched, if she lost her cat give her a nice foto print and framed of she and her cat and she will cry love you even more than life, (BECAUSE you give her that SOMETHING in the right moment)

Just find out what she really needs emotionaly or really is something inexpensive but will make a mark are the best gifts, and some nice piece of clothing

7. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

i really wanted to give her a pearl necklace because that is her birth stone but the cheapest one i could find was $250, so i scrapped that idea for now.

8. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I'm pretty sure the Bay sells those pearl necklaces where you crack the shell and string it on yourself. Get her a gift certificate to the MAC store. Or if you still want to get her a pearl necklace, try going out of the city, everything is overpriced in TO.

9. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i think jewelry is inappropriate given your age and the fact that you've been together only 6 months.

if she likes music, does she have an iPod? or is her iPod older and so a new one would be nice? nanos are cheap these days - well within your limit.

how about something less commercial? like you cook her dinner and then watch a movie on the sofa with a crackling fire in the fireplace.

10. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

If you can't find anything, go with Tiffany's or Swarovski. They love it. :p

11. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I got my girlfriend one of the new iPod nanos for Xmas. She had this crappy...whatever it was that she used for music, and I decided I'd get her something nicer. She's on here, but I don't care about saying it, because I already gave it to her :p

12. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I usually wouldn't try and suggest what you should get for your girlfriend, but I read your post and this jumped out at me, so...

Take her to the symphony. They're doing Messiah all this month, it looks like, and tickets will fit well within your budget. You're doing something together, appealing to her tastes, and girls love getting all dressed up. :)

13. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Good idea, very good idea. Generally, girls do love to get dressed up; its a plus for you too, you get to look at her in her best all night. Man, I'm going to have to look into doing this down here.

You could also make her a photo album/memory book type deal. My girlfriend made me one with lots of photos, notes from when we were dating and before we were dating, and ticket stubs and such from major events. Its nice. I should probably make her one at some point.

14. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Good idea. I love the Messiah. And +1 for doing something with your girlfriend.

15. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

16. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

iPhone? :p if not then get her something from victorias secret or abercrombie and fitch heck im 16 dont believe me lol im still trying to find out how in the world the womans mind works hahah :D

17. MrM macrumors 6502

Material objects get forgotten and lost. Take her somewhere she wont forget. Trust me, an object will only make her so happy; spending time together is far more valuable.

18. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Don't get too stuck on that, you'll never figure it out.

19. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

20. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hey cujoca :)

me and my gf have been together for nearly 2 years, and we have made a deal that christmas is for toys, and birthdays are the 'meaningful' presents. :)

for this christmas i am planning on getting her and me a pair of rollerblades, she loves skating. im also thinking on getting her a nice ring, she loves her jewlerly (i know its not fun, but i love her so much haha).

maybe the fun thing could work for you? if she sees that you have put thought into the gifts then that will make her fall for you even more :p

goodluck!

21. djellison macrumors 68020

Gig tickets - go see a group or artists she likes together, or maybe even a play. It's a great night out, good memories, and it doesn't take up space, can't get broken, lost or stolen.

Doug

22. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Symphony = good, or treat her to a nice dinner and some fun outdoor skating at Harbourfront. I generally start new relationships in the winter, so I take all of my first dates there. They love it. Don't tell her where you're going though. Just tell her to dress warm. Take the 510 streetcar from Union to Simcoe (IIRC) and walk her over to the lights and rink with tons of happy peeps skating.

23. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

That's never a bad idea.

24. descartes macrumors 6502

something about that blue box, you cant go wrong w/ tiffanys

25. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

i've been thinking over the past week and i know she's kinda hinted towards like slippers and new pajamas and seeing as the limit is 150 i know every girl loves jewelry so i was thinking of getting her like a heart shaped necklace.

What do you guys and gals think?
    Anymore more ideas?
    Much appreciated