Christmas Present for my sister?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TimJim, Dec 4, 2007.

1. TimJim macrumors 6502a

I need to get a christmas present for my 19 year old sister whos in college. She has mac, but i dont think she wants anything for that. What should i get her, any suggestions? (under/around $50)

2. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

How about a shuffle? Might not be close enough to $50, but she'll love it. The red is sweeeeet.

3. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

iTunes gift card? Assuming she has an iPod of some sort...

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

What does she like?
    What does she do for fun?
    Hobbies?
    Interests?
    Personal views? e.g Enivormentalist

failing that a vibrator

5. Istrancis macrumors newbie

Istrancis

I'd suggest picking her up a copy of "The Sims 2", I've heard that it runs reasonably well even on the low-end Macbook.

6. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

Yeah, that would be helpful when picking out a gift.

Come on... it's his sister!

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I hope he wouldn't seeing that it is his sister ;)

It certainly fills the first three questions.

Granted it would be very awkward but I think she will know the good intentions, and appreciate the thought and gift.

Did you notice when you quoted my post or did you read it(?)

8. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    She's 19 and has a Mac - that doesn't mean she wants computer gifts unless she's pretty geeky.

How about the body lotion for whichever scent she usually wears? The stores are full of coffrets at the moment where you get freebie extras too if your budget can stretch to that. Women occasionally treat themselves to perfume - they rarely spring for the extras so it's always nice to get them. If you've got a department store selling Origins, go look for their limited edition Ginger Glimmer body lotion - it's amazing stuff.

Or fashion jewellery (Murano glass hearts on thongs etc) perhaps.

If you get really stuck, buy her a gift card for a local department store so she can put it towards something she wants rather than having to say thanks for something she doesn't really want or need.

9. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

1. It fills more than that.
    2. I read it. White on grey sticks out to my eyes at least. Did you really think you were invisible, you little trickster?

Spider has a point, and it's a good idea to get gift opinions from the fairer sex. But just because one woman would appreciate a feminine gift, doesn't mean that your sister will. You really need to tell us what she likes if you want a better answer. You might want to go with something more personal, you are her brother afterall. Try a gift that reminds you of something you shared growing up. Maybe even a framed picture to hit a sentimental note. Or get a gift that you know she would like. Parents don't always get the "cool" gifts for a 19 yr old unless it's on a list they were given. Being the big bro, get her something cool you know she would want or appreciate.

-Ado

10. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

get Apple Store gift card

or iVibrator by Apple

11. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus