Christmas Present iPod Touch's

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TraceyS/FL, Dec 22, 2009.

1. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

So, the big day approaches.....

We have already seen people wanting purchase advice, pre-set up advice and other "how do i" things.

So i'm taking this moment to remind everyone (and some of you will feel the need to bash me for it - won't that be in the spirit of the season? I can take it, i have NO holiday cheer this year, a year long divorce that isn't over will do that to a person) of a few things.....

• You too were new once, to media players, to iTunes, to Apple, to MR... Possibly wearing this look: :confused:

• You too probably didn't search - because heck, you probably didn't know WHAT to search on More :confused:

• You too might have called it an iTouch. If this bothers you, please go read the sticky in this forum on the topic. Correction is not allowed. :eek:

• You too might have asked, um, not so good questions :D

So as a gift to the forum/newbies this Holiday Season, how about if you all remember, you were a newbie once and make the influx of people i hope we see next week (because frankly, it's an awesome gift to have gotten!!!) have a great, possibly first, visit to MacRumors!! :cool:

2. macsarethebest macrumors regular

I totally agree! I see so much bashing on these forums... how about just answer the question or leave them alone? btw, poster, there is no link to the sticky ;) happy holidays! :D

3. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

Yup, help or stay out! I help when i can.

I know - i was coming back to add it. I had a kid wake up in the middle of typing - which then meant i was running behind for the morning! LOL!!

Now to go interfere on a "personal space" issue between 2 kids :rolleyes:

4. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I can't see why it's bad letting people know in a helpful and polite way that it's called an iPod Touch. When I first got one, I called it an iTouch until someone told me I should be calling it an iPod Touch.

Note - Nothing wrong with the name iTouch (Apple probably should have called it an iTouch). The problem is that many people will not bother responding to a thread where the poster is asking for help and calling it a iTouch.

5. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

Did you bother reading the sticky? Don't do it.

Pity that some have to be so petty to help someone out. Guess that helps explain what is going wrong in the world today?

How about, for the next week or so - "you" (not you you, you in general) flex a bit and help someone who needs it? Make their Holiday season a bit nicer......

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

If this forum allowed "Rep" I'd certainly have given you a BIG Gold Star for starting this thread.

Heck, I'll do it anyway. ;) Happy Holidays!

[​IMG]

7. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

I just wanted to say - hey lurkers, don't be afraid to register and post!!! :D

From just a few minutes ago!

Otherwise, enjoy those nifty devices!!!

Attached Files:

8. patp Guest

i so agree with you. i never understood people who reply to a thread with the "it's not a itouch" thing and don't even bother to actualy answer the original question?

we all know what they are talking about and who cares if they cal it an itouch or touch or whatever?

stupid forum cliques keep the focus off of helping newbies and only reinforce the silly gang that hangs out and attacks anyone who isn't hip to the "rules"

9. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

Dictionaries with a grammar section in the back are also good presents, if you can't get your head round iPods.

Oh... and why are there so many guests on these forums?... it kinda worries me.

I always think they are chinese bots stealing our details! :O

anyway, back on topic. :rolleyes:

10. patp Guest

probably a lot of people who need info, but don't want to bother asking a question cause they'll get reprimanded for using the wrong terminology.

I don't hang out here. I come here if I need info/need a question answered. The people who go off on the "it's not an Itouch" are the ones who hang out here, look for newbies who make errors and pounce on em like a bag of cat nip.

11. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

There are never more than 5-10 guests at normal times of the year. I only look because i used to own a message board and it's habit.

Those would be lurkers, looking for help and info on their new toys, as far as I can tell. This forum had more than any other that i checked at the same time (iPhone had 430 for instance).

Trying to lend a hand to someone that needs it - well, what IS wrong with that? Other than it is counter culture to the "me first" generation....

12. thatguysmells macrumors regular

I agree to! I can't stand forum Nazis. Just help the poor guy or gal, or leave them alone. People come on here for help, not to be bashed or put down. We see this all to often in America these days. :cool: ;)

Oh and to the OP, I'm divorced to. Your not alone! :)