Christmas problem! Transfer music to another person's iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rebolledo, Dec 17, 2011.

1. rebolledo macrumors newbie

Hi. I would like to fill my uncle's iPhone 3GS with some music as a part of a christmas present. I will have to 'kidnap' de phone for a moment and transfer the music rapidly. I will be using my mac to do so and I'm not sure how to do it because I don't want to sync all my contacts and data with the phone, nor erase any of his content.
    Is it possible to do so without messing with his data? Should I be using any software beside iTunes?
    Thank you vey much.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Unless you are sharing an Apple ID with him, the songs will be deleted when he syncs to his computer.

3. rebolledo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. We don't share the same Apple ID. Do you mean that he will lose his songs when I sync mines? Will he lose anything else? Thanks again.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It will lose his songs.

If you want to give him music, burn it to a CD or thumb drive so he can add the songs to his library.

5. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Having similar issues

My son has a 3gs and im trying to figure out how to transfer songs from a cd that we got him for christmas. He does not have a computer his only 11 yrs old. Any help please????

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The only non-jailbroken methods to load the Music app with music are by iTunes syncing from a computer or by purchasing directly through the iTunes app on the phone itself. First, you will need to import the CD into iTunes. Then you need to sync the music to the iPhone.

7. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Hello, thanks for the info.

8. Ann P macrumors 68020

The best to go about it is put it all on a hard drive or usb drive then transfer. I do this all the time.