Christmas special?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by i1alian085, Nov 19, 2008.

1. i1alian085 macrumors member

Before I spent $2,500 on a new mbp would it make sense to wait a few more weeks to see if they beef up the offer with a free ipod touch or something?

Has apple ever thrown in something around the holidays? I am a first time buyer - I have ipods and such - but first time mac buyer.

I know they have the back to school promo and what not with the ipod - but has there been anything around x mas in the past?

or should i just buy it already.

and which one do you recommend if i am not a hardcore gamer or graphic designer. just an everyday laptop!

thanks guys!

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Apple traditionally has a sale on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving). Other than that, there won't be any xmas specials.

3. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

100 bucks off on black friday. thats usually it. dont count on a free ipod or anything.

and it sounds like you need a macbook. that wont cost you 2400. the 2.0 macbook is more than enough for an everyday laptop.

4. therealdt macrumors regular

Wait. You don't anything to lose by waiting a week or so. If they don't a real sweet Black Friday, i'll go the refurb route.

5. i1alian085 thread starter macrumors member

I want the 15" screen though....

i'll check on black friday - at least i'll be able to rder it and then wait for it to come in.. who knows.

6. dannyboxer macrumors regular

dannyboxer

Does the Black Friday offer happen in the UK as well? Also, when is Black Friday, I've never heard of it before.

7. therealdt macrumors regular

The day after Thanksgiving, retailers always slash prices. You can order online.

Sorry Nov.28th

8. i1alian085 thread starter macrumors member

but if you order it online you wont be able to get the student discount now will you?

I will have to go to the store and get it

9. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Apple has always offered the student discounts online. Just click on the Education Store link on the main Apple Store page.

jW