Christmas Touch Arrived - Should It Be Returned?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HelixOmnimedia, Oct 24, 2007.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hey

I ordered my cousin an iPod Touch (his mother paid for it), anyway it arrived today. The only reason I ordered it so soon was to get discount on it (the code that gave it to you for £245.50)

I few things I forgot:
    = The 90 Day AppleCare starts from today? Correct?
    = Any faults need to be reported within 14 days from today? Correct?
    = The serial number is: 9C738.... This means a WK38 right?
    I had a week 38 and it had a couple of stuck pixels, and AppleCare fixed it, I got a WK40 - and that's when I ordered this 'new' one, so I assummed that I'd get a week 40.

What should I do? I need some advice?

2. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Why would any faults need to be reported within 14 days? It comes with a 1 year warranty.

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

any way you can open it, turn it on and make sure everything is fine?? ..
    I know it won't be shrink wrapped for Christmas.. but at least it will work ...

4. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

It is indeed a Wk 38. I had a 9C737 (same factory, week earlier), and it was bogus - but who knows about this model?

It does have a 1-year warranty. 90 days is just for phone support.

If you want to be safest in advance, return (bought from where?) & shoot for a Wk. 40 or higher. You can always exchange it after opened if defective, but that may put your cousin through hassle.

5. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

I thought all faults had to be reported in 14days, that's what the AppleCare techs said when I reported my stuck pixels. Thinking about it now, maybe that's for a straight swop, where after that they need to repair the existing one?? Unsure about that one.

That's true, I had that thought. But there's nothing better than breaking the shrink wrap of a new product.

I think I'm going to return it, and wait until nearer christmas to order a new one. My WK38 had stuck pixels but i didn't notice until the 13th day, and AppleCare were not going to replace it for me, but it was late being delivered because of the postal strikes.
    It was replaced and its a WK40 - which I think is fantastic compared to the WK38 one I had.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

6. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

That might be a UK policy, or just a case of stores adopting their own rules (not unusual for Apple). I never heard any such in my recent Touch-return experience, even though it stretched over a month (I did initiate the return within a week).

My Wk. 41 is similarly great compared to Wk37/38. Your plan sounds good, good luck!