Christmas .

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by .michael, Nov 26, 2008.

1. .michael macrumors regular

To be honest, I really can't think of anything that I want for Christmas. I'm 15, and I already have a mac & iPod. Gift ideas for teenagers ? :D nothing reeeally expensive, though. priced between $0-200, maybe $250 at the most?

Thanks! : D

2. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Don't get anything if you don't need it - maybe get some cash for the next inevitable purchase:p

Possibly an external screen or hard drive? ...whatever you feel you might need in the future suppose.

3. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I'm with JG271, cash is a good option.

4. ritzuk macrumors member

I was recently schooled by my 9 year old niece. She said they learnt about the Buddhist Noble Truths in school. She told me when I think about something I want, think about those people who are less fortunate that yourself and ask yourself if you still want it.

If you don't really want anything, then don't ask for it!

But if that's way too un-festive, then perhaps a digital camera?

5. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

If you really don't want anything, don't ask for anything. Save your parents the trouble in these economic times. :p

Pwned. :D

6. vfrancisco macrumors newbie

iPhone

iPhone would be right in your price range.

7. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

...not with a contract.

8. suburbia macrumors 6502

My faith in teenagers have been restored by your lone statement:)

It seems like everyone-- regardless of age, always say I need this or that, when it's really more I want this or that.

9. suburbia macrumors 6502

Yes, and we had to walk 50 miles to school through 10 ft of snow :D

Of course, I'm looking forward owning the (hopefully) updated 30" ACD come January -- with matte screen :)

10. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

I'm in the same boat. I'm asking for an 8GB iphone, but I kinda feel bad since we are in such horrible economic times.

I might just max out my MB with 4GB of RAM and a 500GB Hard Drive.

11. bonesboom macrumors member

12. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Youtube... goat... bumfights...

lol.

But really. You're fifteen. You have alot of things but not alot of world experience. You could ask for the gift of a summer in Asia, experiencing Eastern culture as its meant to be - by living it. No fancy hotels, no exquisite restaurants, just you and the world, and a promise that there's a plane waiting to take you home. Get the Rosetta Stone software and some books.

There is so much more to this world than just "things" and so many people are forgetting that.

13. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

500GB hdds for the macbook aren't available in 7200rpm yet that I've seen, you'll see better performance with a 320GB 7200rpm drive for about the same price, and you can stick the old hdd in a firewire box for $35.

14. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Christmas is about giving not getting

With that said, I dont believe in asking for gifts and appreciate the thought that people put into the gifts for me. I hope those that I give gifts too also appreciate the thought I put into the gifts for them