Chrome back swipe not working in Yosemite

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by awkim, Jun 3, 2014.

1. awkim macrumors newbie

It looks like 10.10 broke Chrome's ability to go back to the last page via the trackpad's double finger swipe?

2. GoldenChild macrumors regular

GoldenChild

Chrome doesn't work at all for me, when I load it up I see the blue crash error page. What version are you on? I was trying to use the Beta / Chromium versions. I need to try Stable and see if that changes.

3. HyperliteG4 macrumors regular

HyperliteG4

Seems to be all other future builds other than the stable build are broken in 10.10. I've tried Beta, Dev and Canary builds and all 3 give me the blue crash screen but the stable build seems to work fine without issue.

4. lunarworks macrumors 6502a

None of the back swipes, two finger or three finger, work in any app for me. Forwards swipes work fine.

5. TitsLegendary macrumors 6502

6. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I've had problems with swiping in Chrome in Mavericks too; on Yosemite sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

7. ameya23 macrumors newbie

it works on certain pages if you type this in the terminal

defaults write com.google.Chrome.plist AppleEnableSwipeNavigateWithScrolls -bool TRUE

8. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

It works for me about 50% of the time. It was working fine in mavericks until 10.9.4, now it only works about 70% of the time. I thought it was just me.

9. Hiiambo macrumors newbie

I ran into the same issue. With DP4 Safari performance is much better so I've moved to that. However, I did find out that if you browse to chrome://flags and then exit out, back and forward swipe return to normal functionality for about 5 minutes before breaking.

10. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

It didn't work for me on DP3 but it's working on DP4 :D